Katie enjoying our patio deck upon our arrival at Emerald Cove Resort.

Katie enjoying our patio deck upon our arrival at Emerald Cove Resort.
Open Range 3X388RKS pulled by a Ram 2500

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Avery's 6th birthday party

Avery had his 6th birthday party today with 6 friends and Riley to help him celebrate.  The plans that Amanda & Katie came to fruition and there was a great time for all.  As you can see from the pictures, it was done in a Curious George fashion.  That monkey sure is a lucky monkey!



 Birthday decorations including the monkey pinata, who wasn't that lucky of a monkey!
 Birthday boy Avery with birthday boy food: Italian cheese bread from Little Ceasars.
Old folks attempting to solve the world's problems.  From the left, Katie, Charley, Pastor Matt, James, & Jeff.  No, not all of the world's problems were solved in this session.  Maybe next time, ya think?

All during the time of the party, it had been snowing, and since there's a winter storm warning in effect for Clearfield, it's probably gonna keep snowing through the night.  As I did last year when I snowed, I grabbed one of the snow shovels handy and started doing what retired guys do best: shoveling snow.  Well, maybe they don't always do that best, but it's right up near the top, huh?  Jeff saw how much fun I was having and grabbed another shovel and found out how much fun he could have as well.  In no time, we had the walk in front of the house cleared, as well as in front of a couple of houses each way on the street.  

Somewhere along the line, he decided that he wanted me to have a snowball fight with him, or something which involved having snow flying towards me, be it from a hand or a shovel.  As I'm not completely 100% healthy yet, I didn't partake in exchanging snow with him in ways which weren't going to keep me as warm as I'd wanted to keep myself.  Darn the bad luck for him, goody for me!  

I seem to remember that whenever my oldest son, Ken, would get together with me, he'd try to tickle me for some unknown reason, I know I never, ever tickled him when he was younger.  He just wants to take advantage of me now that he's got a few inches on me!  Having said that, I'm also thinking that he'd probably be on Jeff's side in trying to get me to have snow go down the back of my neck, or places which I don't normally put snow.  Silly boys!

Last January, we had bunches of snow as well, and in looking in James' garage I found a snow thrower.  After putting gas in the tank, I was able to get it started, and started throwing some snow. 

The snow thrower did a real good job of making the snow a whole lot less than it was before the snow thrower went along.  Although retired men love to shovel snow, throwing snow this way is so much better.

 
If ya look closely, you'll see that I'm blowing the snow towards the left of the picture, and that the wind is blowing the snow back towards me.  This is the same thing as spitting in the wind, a habit which just isn't the smartest thing to do.  Luckily, I only did this row and turned around the other way so I wouldn't be inhaling the snow.

Well, after the party was over with, James and I visited the snow thrower again getting it running so I could use it again in the coming days.  As it's gonna snow throughout the night, I'm pretty sure that I'll be using it early in the morning so we can get out to the street to go to church.  All you other retired boys and girls, eat your hearts out that you don't get to do this fun stuff!

Have a blessed day!

No comments: