Katie enjoying our patio deck upon our arrival at Emerald Cove Resort.

Katie enjoying our patio deck upon our arrival at Emerald Cove Resort.
Open Range 3X388RKS pulled by a Ram 2500

Monday, December 2, 2013

Snow's on it's way!

Katie and I continued recovering from the Oregon gunk we had earlier last week.  There have been times when we felt a little weak in the knees, but for the most part we seem to be doing much better.  After calling my nephew last night to see how he and my sister, Elaine, were doing, I'm thinking that the gunk has been pretty much taken care of.  That was further just evidenced when I called my son Jon and hear him sounding much better than he did last night.  That's just plain good news.

When we crossed the border from Idaho to Oregon, the skies pretty quickly turned grey, and stayed that way for the rest of the time that we were in Oregon.  Yesterday, the skies were clear for the most part.  However, the skies here in Clearfield are now grey, just like they were in Oregon, with the weather forecast saying that it's gonna rain and then turn to snow with 1" - 2" accumulation by the time tomorrow comes.  After that the warmer temps we had in the 50's today are gonna seem like distant happenings as we're supposed to be getting temps in the 20's after tomorrow for several days.  Yep, I guess winter's here.  Darn!

After publishing this post, I got to thinking how it just wasn't quite complete the way it was.  I didn't feel up to putting stuff in about what we'd been doing as we just weren't doing a lot of stuff.  So I surfed the internet with no intent of what I was gonna find, and wound up watching flash mobs at YouTube.com, which are some of my favorite things to watch.  Mind you, I'm talking about the flash mobs that aren't vandals, but are groups of musicians or dancers that come together in a public mall, or some other public place.  Usually leaves me with tears in my eyes I enjoy them so much.

Over the years, I've watched a few of them, but have never been nearly as ...taken away by this one which is of not only a marriage proposal, but an actual wedding also.  So, I'd have to say that this is one of my favorites.  This is the pilot of the show "Mobbed" which Howie Mandel hosted, and from what I saw on the video, did a pretty good job.  Handel's "Hallelujah Chorus" is another great flash mob, here's one at a food court that I enjoyed.  Here's a flash mob of Beethoven's "Ode to Joy".  You may have lots of flash mobs as well, and if so, please leave a comment saying which ones they are.

Have a blessed day!

No comments: