Katie enjoying our patio deck upon our arrival at Emerald Cove Resort.

Katie enjoying our patio deck upon our arrival at Emerald Cove Resort.
Open Range 3X388RKS pulled by a Ram 2500

Monday, November 4, 2013

A Lazy Day

Monday always seems to be kind of a slow day, huh?  It seems more and more like I'm waking up around 5 or so, and can't go back to sleep.  Bothers me in a way because I really do like sleep, just that I gotta do the bathroom thing so I wake up and can't seem to go back to sleep after that.  So my mind starts moving, thinking about the things that I'm busy with when I'm up out of bed.  After 20-30 minutes, I kinda roll out of bed, doing the best I can not to wake Katie, get dressed, and start checking things on the internet, looking for the things that I want to look for.  Kinda lame, but it's keeping me busy doing something.  As part of our "getting jobs" program, we'll be starting classes on tax preparation the 2nd week of November, and I'll probably be busy thinking about that stuff more, which won't give me as much time to surf about blogging, or looking at different mohos or moho stuff.  Darn the bad luck!  And then after the 1st of the year, the excitement will really begin doing the tax preparation thing, which will be something that we'll be able to do for bucks from then on.  Unless the US goes to the flat tax system, which I don't really see happening, do you?  But until then, I should be able to surf to my hearts content, ya think?

James went to the Dr. today rather than going to work.  The Dr. said he was sick and that he was contagious, and we could all get sick as well.  Hopefully, that won't happen.  Might be a bunch longer before I blog again, ya know?  I hope not, I'm starting to like this blogging thing again.

One of the reasons I quit blogging previously was that the online blog editor (at www.blogger.com) didn't want to allow me to put pictures in the order I wanted to put them in.  Like the words would go above this picture rather than off to the left or right side of the picture.  It was rather frustrating, ya know?  Still is too!   And I've seen lots of blogs that look much better than mine.  So I'm gonna try to make this blog better looking by studying up on them and modifying the blog in certain ways.  Not sure what the outcome will be, I'll let ya know as time goes on.


The Travelogue

We left Kokomo, In., and headed for the fairgrounds in the town of Celina, Ohio where the Gypsy Journal Rally was to be held.  We got there a couple of days early so we could get settled in prior to everyone else.  We got a great spot right next to the pastures where we were able to take the doggies on their walks.  The rally started on Sunday when everyone was supposed to arrived, and consisted of a lot of fun, four seminars a day from Monday - Thursday, more fun, and then ended on Friday morning when most folks would leave.  It was run by Nick and Terry Russell who have been fulltime RVing for quite awhile now.  Although they've stopped hosting anymore rallys, they still publish the journal, and Nick writes a blog everyday, sometimes two, and are do seminars in other RV rallies.  I like to read Nick's blog every morning as there's usually some kind of humor or wit being espoused, and I enjoy that kind of stuff in the morning, ya know?  As a matter of fact, he has a "Thought for the Day" which I sometimes copy and put on my facebook page, with his permission.  If ya go to the Gypsy Journal website at the link above, you can sign up for his blg if you're wanting to know what goes through the mind of a fulltime RVer besides me.

If you've been to Celina (pronounced se-line'-ah), you'll know that it's known for it's proximity to Grand Lake St. Mary's which is a man made lake covering more than 13,000 acres with an average depth between five to seven feet.  It was originally dug as a reservoir for the Miami & Erie Canal in the early 1800's which operated until the early 1900's, being replaced by the railroads because they were more profitable.  Celina has some interesting large houses, one was next to the fairgrounds, here it is.


There were some other nice houses also, I'm thinking they were originally owned by the men who were big in the canal when it was built.  

While we were still in Celina, we visited with my son, Ken and his family, who lived in Dayton, Ohio, about 80 miles away, and then we traveled down there after the rally was over with for another visit prior to heading for Kentucky.  Here's a picture of my grand kids, Natalie and Elias.  This picture was taken over two years ago, so imagine them even better looking than they are in this picture.  We went to the National Museum of the Air Force while we were there, had a great time, got tired because it's so big, and it was free to get into which made it a great way to spend the day.  I would recommend you see the museum anytime your in the Dayton area.


We had a good visit with Ken, his wife Allison, and Natalie and Elias, introduced them to disc golf, and then left during the evening heading for Louisville, Kentucky.  Allison told us about Cincinnatti Chili which I looked forward to trying when I had the chance.  Never took advantage of the chances I had until about a year later when I was working in Las Vegas for a former associate who worked at CLV with me.  Sadly, the chili didn't impress me as much as I wanted to be impressed (probably because it was made in Nevada rather than Ohio), and I'm going to have to try it again sometime, hopefully it'll be in the Cincinnatti area so I'll be getting the real thing.  Just don't know when that'll be.

Hope y'all have had a blessed day.

No comments: