Katie enjoying our patio deck upon our arrival at Emerald Cove Resort.

Katie enjoying our patio deck upon our arrival at Emerald Cove Resort.
Open Range 3X388RKS pulled by a Ram 2500

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Wow!  Two days in a row where I'm getting up to do the blog thing while other folks are sleeping.  Amazing, ain't it?  A little background on why everyone is sleeping, Katie and James are sick, thinking Amanda and the baby, Aubrey, aren't far behind.  Take that into account along with the fact that everyone except James went to Ogden Botanical Garden yesterday afternoon for a walk in the fall foliage.  From what I can tell the walk was more than a mile in one direction, and the boys and I ran most of the way both ways.  I only wanted to see how far Riley could run to see if I could run that far, and the kid never stopped!  Avery thought it was great fun as well, but needed Grandpa's help after running a few steps ahead of me and would glomp onto whichever arm was closest to him as I ran by.  Ya know, it's hard to keep up with someone when you're being used as a mule!  Well, Riley set the pace that I endeavored to follow as best I could.  I'm wondering how fast my other grandson, Elias, would've kept me running?  By the time I'm able to see him again, he'll probably be running four minute miles, and I'll be trying to put a jet pack on my Hoveround.  I'll show them young whippersnappers!

So I looked at the last of the pictures that I added to the blog in 2011 where we were staying near South Bend, Indiana, and seeing sights around there such as Nappanee and Camp Newmar, which was an excellent place to stay if you have a rig.  Those of you that don't have a rig, remember it if you do get a rig.  The town is nice, and the people are quite friendly.  I'll try to remember what happened next.

Ok, I hear the sound of little, doggie feet which means that Katie is up.  I'll try to blog more later to say what I wanted to say earlier.

Regardless, have a blessed day.

Back from our walk with the doggies that we take every morning.  It's about a mile and a half (I keep meaning to use my GPS enabled phone to figure it out exactly how far it is, but I'm just not remembering it that much.  Darn!


The Travelogue

Back to the blog.  I had mentioned that there were painted elks statues all around Elkhart and showed on at the RV/MH Hall of Fame.  Here's a picture from one of the attractions in Nappanee, Amish Acres, with another elk in it.  As you can see, it's painted a little differently.
There is a farm there, the Stahly - Nissley - Kuhns farm from 1873 which has guided tours going through it.  It was very interesting hearing what those folks did way back then as opposed to what we folks do now for sustenance.  Here is the plaque telling more about the farm and the farmhouse.  I've just put those images into the blog, and from what I'm seeing, they aren't lined up at all.  Looks kinda weird to me, which is one of the reasons I think I quit blogging because it was more trouble than it was worth to try to get these things lined up correctly.  One of my fellow bloggers that I follow every day just has large images, and never worries about placement of the darned things!  Maybe I'll start doing the same thing.  UGH!  I did make them bigger!  Easier to look at, right!  Let's see where I start typing at again...

So... the grand culmination of the week was the Apple Festival Parade which had lots of tractors, fire engines, clowns, and dignitaries.  Here's the start of the parade.

And here's a picture of the all-important parade doggie spectators!  I'll bet you can see the enthusiasm in their faces.  Not nearly as much enthusiasm as they show when they're getting a doggie treat, but ...well look harder and you'll see it, ok?

I think that's enough for one day's worth of bloggin' right?  It feels kinda good to be back in the bloggin' saddle, ya know?  Have a blessed day!

No comments: