Katie enjoying our patio deck upon our arrival at Emerald Cove Resort.

Katie enjoying our patio deck upon our arrival at Emerald Cove Resort.
Open Range 3X388RKS pulled by a Ram 2500

Friday, November 22, 2013

Been busy!

It's been a couple of days since my last post, which was November 19th.  The gunk that I was growing in my nose and throat seems to have kept me down, as well as spread to my grandsons as well as my son-in-law.  Then we got a pension check and had to run around and spend it all yesterday, so I didn't have the time yesterday to put together a post in this blog, but I did post my feelings about the 2008 Fleetwood Revolution LE 40V in Class-a-motorhome-advisor.blogspot.com if ya wanna go there and take a look at them.  

Tomorrow, Jeff is leaving Teen Challenge in Shafter, Ca., and will be arriving here in the late afternoon.  We'll be able to spend a few days with him before we head to Oregon to spend Thanksgiving with my sisters and other family members.  After Thanksgiving, we'll be heading back to Clearfield again to spend the next few weeks with Amanda, her family, and Jeff.  Jeff will be heading back to California after Christmas to start his studies as Teen Challenge Ministry Institute, and we will probably be heading that way with him in the moho because Katie's Dad is getting to the point that he may very well be needing our assistance.  Katie found out last night that he was in the hospital and not doing well.  So we may be heading south sooner than the end of December, but I'm hoping not.  This is opposite of what we wanted to be doing by a long ways.  But it just seems like we're the ones that can do what needs to be done easier than other folks in the family.  I'll keep ya updated as time goes on.


The Travelogue  4/15/2012

When I last posted, the LV Highland Games was having a parade down the Fremont Experience with the Guiness World Record Caber Toss taking place.  The next day (Saturday), the LV Highland Games took place, along with lots of other Celtic stuff going on, out at Floyld Lamb Park in NW Las Vegas. The SAMS color guard was there again, starting out the festivities (see anyone from the previous parades?)



The Highland Games consist of several games:

The stone put which is similar to the shot put,

The weight throw (there's gonna be better pictures of this event if ya click on the link),and other events which I didn't take pictures of, such as the caber toss (which ya saw from yesterday), the Scottish hammer throw, weight throw, and sheaf toss.  If you click on the links, you'll see more than I can remember about them.  The LA Scots and the USMC 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing Band were there, along with the Utah Pipe Band, and the Cameron Highlanders were among the many different groups that were there to compete or take part in the festivities.  

Among the booths there was one for Clan Keith, which is where the surname "Dickson" came from.  The picture below shows the Coat of Arms for Clan Keith,



and here's a better picture of the tartan of Clan Keith.  Nice colors, huh?



We had a good time at the Highland Games.  I particularly enjoyed hearing the bands and watching them march, which I thought they did quite regally and majestically.  If any readers have the opportunity to take them in, I heartily endorse that choice. 

No comments: