Katie enjoying our patio deck upon our arrival at Emerald Cove Resort.

Katie enjoying our patio deck upon our arrival at Emerald Cove Resort.
Open Range 3X388RKS pulled by a Ram 2500

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

About last night...

Last night, Katie and I went to the monthly meeting of the Ogden Palette Club, and Katie had a great time feeling that going there on a regular basis would help her craft.  The folks were friendly and there's a demonstration of different painting techniques at the end of each meeting.  On the way home after the meeting, she said that she thought she'd be joining it when the dues for everyone come around at the first of the year.  

Yesterday I mentioned the weather here saying that there was gonna be a chance of rain on Thursday.  Them folks at weather.com seem to have changed things around again by saying that Thursday is just gonna be cloudy, but we gotta watch out for the rain on Friday and Saturday, of which Saturday will be the day for Riley's birthday party.  Not sure what that'll do for the population of the party.  He's gonna do a Minecraft themed party...  how many of you readers know about Minecraft?  Do ya play it?  I'd never heard of it until we got here a little over a month ago, and I guess that there's lots of younger players (...who isn't a younger player compared to me?) out there who do Minecraft on a regular basis.  I realize that computers are the reason that games like that are so popular, and that's why I don't really wanna get involved in it.  I play one game on a computer, and it's so old that I have to use my old Compaq laptop to play it as it can't be played on newer computers: Railroad Tycoon.  Yep, the graphics and audio are lame compared to the games that are out nowadays, but I can still get hooked on it easily.  So I only break out my Compaq about once every three months, whether I need to or not, play it for a couple of days, during which time my heart rate goes up to around 150 bpm (I lie!), realize that that game is controlling my life, and then I stop.  I put the Compaq away, then wait until the urge strikes me again, etc., etc.  And that's the extent of my computer gaming.  And it's ok.  So... how many of you play the game?

Going along with the party, the preps are already starting.  Katie and Amanda are busy planning this and that, and making different arrangements in the house as well.  My talents as a curtain rod hanger are gonna be put into use later today, and the house is gonna take on a different look.  But, I'm thinking that the curtains aren't gonna be Minecraft stuff as they're gonna stay there after the party is over.  And now, I'm being told that I need to go back to the store to get more ...stuff for the party.  Sigh... A grandpa's job is never done!

Sorry no time for the travel stuff today.  Have a blessed day!


No comments: