Katie enjoying our patio deck upon our arrival at Emerald Cove Resort.

Katie enjoying our patio deck upon our arrival at Emerald Cove Resort.
Open Range 3X388RKS pulled by a Ram 2500

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Motorhomekia blog

No blog yesterday, right?  Well, there was a good reason for that, ok?  We went to see the Utah Symphony on Thursday night to hear Vivaldi's Four Seasons, along with Nielson's Four Temperaments.  Those of you who are up on symphonic works may be familiar with Vivaldi's Four Seasons, but I'd never heard of Nielson before, so I'm thinking that you'd have to be a real music snob to know who Nielson was, let alone know of his Four Temperaments.  I enjoyed the Four Seasons, particularly Autumn as it's in a minor key and has lots of "anger" in it.  Don't know why I like angry music so much, but I do.  I enjoyed the Four Temperaments because there was a full orchestra, including brass (some of the best parts of an orchestra are the brass, doncha think?) whereas the Four Seasons was merely strings.  Aside from the full orchestra, I could've gone to sleep listening to this musical composition that seemed to have no theme to it, almost only random notes by random parts.  Having said that, please form your own opinion of Nielson's works and listen to them.  You might like them.  But I didn't like that one.

Listening to the Four Seasons reminded me of a video I saw a couple of years ago of an accordionist in a competition playing Autumn.  The young man doesn't have a lot of stage presence, but I don't think he's caring either.  Which is really ok, ya know?  The sound seems to not be exactly synced well with the video, but I'm hoping you enjoy the accordion version of Autumn.  Also think about the amount of energy expended by this guy as the bellows shake just isn't an easy thing to do.  Must've practiced it a bunch.

Yesterday, I also resurrected my other blog, Motorhomekia.blogspot.com, which was the real reason I didn't make an blog entry here yesterday.  I deleted two of the entries, and rewrote the review of the 2009 Suncruiser 35P (which may not interest a whole lot of folks unless ya wanna think about a 35' long moho) to a more objective review of the rig than I had previously.  I'm still not done with that blog post as I want to put a floorplan of it in the blog, but I haven't figured out how to do it yet.  Hopefully, sometime today.  I intend to continue doing reviews of mohos ...that I'm familiar with.  So the next one would be the 1999 Winnebago Chieftain 35U ...which just happens to be the one we have.  

I wanna give ya updates as to a couple of things here in Clearfield.  The snow is gone, the weather has been much warmer the last couple of days, although the low last night was in the 30's.  James is still somewhat sick, came back home from work yesterday.  Luckily, no one else is sick right now.  


The Travelogue

So where did we go after we left Branson a couple of years ago?  Hmmmm... let me see...

Ok, don't know where we were when we took this picture, but because it was such a rare sight, had to get a picture of this car.  Know what it is?  I didn't until I just did some research.  Go ahead, reply back to let me know you know what it is, ok?  Thanks.


As I recall, the next stop was at Carthage, Missouri where we went to the Precious Moments park and museum.  This was one of Katie's desires to see, and I enjoyed it as well.  





When Katie took a trip to the midwest several years ago with her sister, Karen, her niece, Kari, and her Dad, Ken (what a popular name!), she stopped here and got me a figurine of a little kid looking impatiently at his watch.  While I do think I'm just as cute, if not cuter, as the little figurine, I didn't think that I always looked at my watch like she says I do.  I'm just one of those people who aren't time challenged.  Yeah!  Anyway, when she came through before, there were lots of people visiting the park, but when we got there, we were told that traffic is way down since 9/11.  Not sure what the correlation is, but as we enjoyed the park, the figurines, and the artwork in the chapel above, we were sad to hear of that news.  This is another place I would suggest ya stop in to see if you're in the Carthage area.

We left Precious Moments and continued to head west.  Then north.  Then west again on.  As it was some time ago, I'm thinking that it was west on Mo 400 to I-135, then north on I-135 to I-70 where we headed west again to Victoria, Ks, particularly at the Cathedral of the Plains.  As Katie's Dad, Ken, grew up there, she had roots there and we looked around at the city, and drove the moho by the farm where her Dad grew up at.  Actually we drove the moho by it twice because we went south and looked at the farm, then went further south and did a u-turn in a wide spot on the two lane road the farm was on in the moho (this isn't to be taken lightly as moho's don't turn on a dime, ok?), and then went back north on the road until we got near the farm again where Katie got out to talk with the folks that live at the farm now, while the doggies and I stayed in the moho across the road.  We did the best we could to be out of the way, but since there wasn't much space off the side of the road, I had to hope that we didn't create too much of a traffic hazard and no police would come along while we were there.  I was lucky in that there wasn't any excitement of the type I just mentioned, and headed back to I-70 to go to Hays, Ks.  As I recall, Katie's Dad had some roots in Hays as well.  So we wandered around a little, saw Ft. Hays State Historic Site, and the Fox Theater there, then went to the local Camp Wal-Mart for the night.   

Ok, I think that's enough for the day, ok?  Hope ya have a blessed one.

No comments: